Finance (2 Positions)
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Weekly Hours: Part-time; Monday- Friday;
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing financial reports, records, and accounts and assist with year-end audit process including preparing audit schedules, field questions from auditors, and assistance with obtaining necessary documentation as needed. The Staff Accountant will maintain a healthy financial profile ensuring compliance with state, federal, and local principles.
Expectations of all employees
In the performance of essential and general job responsibilities, all YWCA employees are expected to:
- Demonstrate commitment to the YWCA’s mission and principles of trauma-informed work.
- Represent the YWCA in a professional and competent manner to participants, community members, organizational partners, and others.
- Perform quality work within program guidelines and deadlines.
- Work effectively as a team contributor and foster a positive working environment.
- Work independently while understanding the need for communication and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Maintain professional behavior and strict confidentiality.
- Prepare and post standard and adjusting journal entries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform month end reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies.
- Cash management responsibilities including deposits, managing outstanding checks, and posting cash receipts and receivables timely.
- Assist and support the department through cross training as the backup for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Liaise with the property manager on rent payments and security deposits.
- Prepare and post rental property entries and other activity in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with year-end audit process including preparing audit schedules, field questions from auditors, and assistance with obtaining necessary documentation as needed.
- Ad hoc reporting and projects.
- All other relevant duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 2-3 years experience or an Associate’s degree in Accounting with five or more years experience in bookkeeping/accounting or equivalent;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing required;
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere;
- Bookkeeping and basic accounting skills required;
- Proficiency with computers and spreadsheets, word processing, and accounting programs required;
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and computer skills;
- Access to reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required; and
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
All employment at the YWCA begins with a 120-day Introductory Period.APPLY HERE Current Employees Apply Here